We arrived in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada tonight at
about 7pm. Unfortunately, that left us unable to really do any excursions like
whale watching, seeing the famous gardens here, etc. We were able to go
downtown and walk around. It is a really cute, historic city. We would like to
come back during the day sometime.
On our way to Victoria, we passed through a nature preserve
known for humpback whales and saw at least 15! One of them breached and it was
amazing! Some were far away and some were closer. It was awesome!
As the cruise comes to an end tonight, we realize how
incredibly lucky we are to have had this experience! Thank you DD and Uncle H
for bringing us with you – we will NEVER forget these amazing experiences.
Some suggestions for cruising with a pre-school aged kiddo:
- Use the childcare! They are amazing ladies and
have really fun activities planned. It allowed us to enjoy the boat and her to
be entertained!
- Bring some entertainment to dinner – coloring books, reading
books, and stickers worked well for us. Dinners are long and this helps.
- Bring a cup with a straw if your kiddo might spill their
drink. Sydney navigated the drinks pretty well, but they did not come with
straws unless you requested them. I always felt like a pain after they showed
up with the drink and I remembered to ask.
- Leave the carseat at home! We brought the carseat because we
were worried that transport to one of the excursions would require it (the
princess website eluded to this) but instead, we wish we would have brought a
stroller. Some places we did so much walking that her little legs could not
quite keep up.
- “Formal” doesn’t have a definition. There was everything
from ball gowns to maxi dresses (me) to nice dress pants. Don’t feel like you
have to go big – but if you want to – do it!
- Bring short sleeves and shorts! I didn’t bring any short
sleeves and only sleep shorts – there were times I wish I had them! I also
didn’t bring flip flops and regret that. I wore Troy’s often to run a quick
errand on the boat.
- Don’t pay for the internet. I was really nervous about being
totally disconnected from the world at sea, but it was SO GOOD FOR ME. I was
able to truly be present. Also, you can still communicate with people on the
boat via their wifi (it limits you to messaging those on board and seeing what
is going on that day).
- Buy the photo package and get every photo opp. At first, I
thought this was totally dumb – and then I realized we could essentially get
special pics taken every night and give them to everyone for Christmas.
#winning
No comments:
Post a Comment