I saw this recipe floating around Facebook and really wanted to give it a try so I did my own spin on it while keeping it within our lean and green guidelines. It turned out really good!
Here is the recipe I altered: http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a48260/cauliflower-nachos-recipe/
I made a 3-serving batch, but I am just posting directions for one lean and green meal. You can double, triple, whatever you need to do to make it work for your fam!
Cauliflower Nachos Lean & Green Style!
1 Lean, 1-1.5 Healthy Fats, 1-3 Condiments
Ingredients:
1.5 Cups Cauliflower, Tomatoes, and Bell Peppers (In any combination/amount you would like to make 3 green servings!)
3.5 ounces cooked 98-99% fat free ground turkey (1/2 lean)
3/4 Cup Shredded low-fat cheese (1/2 Lean)
2 Tbsp Guacamole (1 Healthy Fat)
1 Tbsp Sour Cream (1/2 Healthy Fat or 1 Condiment)
1 Tbsp Salsa (1 Condiment)
Various Spices at your own discretion (Use condiment rules)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Slice the Cauliflower and Bell Peppers and spread out on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, cumin, paprika, and chili powder. (Leave out these spices if you are concerned about exceeding condiments for the day.)
3. Toss to coat and roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown.
4. Remove from oven and top with ground turkey, 3/4 cup cheese, and tomatoes. Return to the oven for 5 minutes, until melted.
5. Top with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream and enjoy! YUM!


No comments:
Post a Comment