Monday, January 2, 2017

The Beginning of Something New!

I have decided to get back into blogging in 2017! I really enjoyed it when we lived in Okinawa and have recently started a new adventure. I recently became a health coach for Take Shape for Life. I have had great success on the program, losing 60 pounds in less than 6 months. More importantly, I have learned how to instill healthy habits into my daily life that will continue for many years and hopefully teach Sydney how to take better care of her body along the way!

Here is a before/after pic if you didn't catch it on my Facebook page:



While preparing to go on this new blog adventure, I asked my mom and a few friends to help me come up with a name. I thought it would be humorous to share some of their suggestions with you all:
Baby Fat
Splitting Fatoms (Going for a science theme here, must admit it is cute to the geek in me)
Positive Reactions
Eat. Drink. Be Healthy.
Kicking it (In reference to bad habits)
Twigs and Berries (I love it, but it certainly doesn't apply to the food I eat! LOL)
Small steps; large gains
Always a Work in Progress
Finding Fabulous
Roo's Rad Revolution (I like my nickname being used in this one)
Trophy Wife (Hey, I like it!)

The problem in choosing one is that I have such a specific point to get across. I want to let everyone know that this is about more than weight loss or a "diet." It is about finding a balance, learning how to take care of your body, and just feeling really damn good in your own skin. I was able to accomplish many of these things, and I am still a work in progress on some of them! And I am really excited and honored to have some friends on this journey with me. I hope I will be sharing their successes with you on the blog soon! So, for now, I am a Work In Progress - and so is this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment