Monday, January 30, 2017

Stuffed Bell Pepper Bake

I adapted this recipe from this website after my facebook friend posted it and hers looked delicious!

One Pot Stuffed Bell Pepper Bake! 

Makes 3 servings each containing 1 Lean, 3 greens, 1 condiment depending on spice choices, be sure to get your 1.5 Healthy Fats elsewhere (perhaps sour cream on top - mmmm).

Ingredients:
20 oz uncooked 98% fat free ground turkey (yields about 16 oz cooked)
1/2 Cup diced Onion
1/2 Cup diced tomatoes (I pureed my faves in the food processor)
2 Cups frozen bell peppers
2 cups cauliflower rice (I used frozen, uncooked)
Sprinkle of cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder (depending on your taste and condiment allotments for the day)
1/2 cup chicken broth
1.5 Cups Reduced Fat Shredded Cheese

Brown ground turkey and onions on medium heat. Once brown, add in all the vegetables, chicken broth, and spices. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Divide into 3 servings and enjoy!


Cooking :)

Finished product. This was 3 servings. 




No comments:

Post a Comment