Friday, January 20, 2017

What's for dinner this week?

I come up with some wild and wacky lean and green concoctions that follow the 5 and 1 plan rules. One thing I can promise you is that they are never hard to cook - I am no chef! Here is some of what I have eaten in the past week.

Ground Chicken (or Turkey) Tacos
7 oz Ground Chicken or Turkey (98% fat free)
Low Sodium Taco Seasoning
Lettuce as a taco shell
Assorted Taco Toppings of your choice: I used 2tbsp Guacamole for my Healthy Fat, 1tbsp sour cream, 1 tbsp salsa for condiments
Veggies of your choice from the approved list.

I cooked the ground chicken and made Troy's with the seasoning (he also got shells - boy has to have his carbs). Then, I served up 7oz for myself and loaded my plate up with assorted toppings. I threw some carrots on the side to try and get them into Sydney's mouth. Didn't work!

Salmon and Roasted Cauliflower
Frozen Salmon
Cauliflower
Garlic
Olive Oil

I cooked the salmon based on the directions on the box. It was pretty spicy! Troy didn't like it, but I liked it. Then I took 1.5 cups of cauliflower and threw it in a bowl with 1tbsp of oil, a scoop of garlic, and mixed it all up. Threw it in the over with the salmon for about 20 mins and BOOM - done. 


Lemon and Chicken Spaghetti Squash

I followed the recipe here with a few changes: I used a little less oil, just spritzed it onto the squash. I also skipped all the salt and pepper and pureed the tomatoes and onions in the food processor. I added a quarter cup of water to this in order to puree instead of the chicken broth. I only had to reduce for 10 mins. I also used already frozen chicken because I am lazy! :) 

And you won't believe it - Troy even ate it!!




No comments:

Post a Comment